Saturday, May 28, 2011

Going home

Today we left the last hotel and came home. My 3 and 4 year olds were so excited to sleep in their own beds away from mom and dad. I thought going home would be easy but soon realized the work we had ahead of us.  Lets see, we needed new blinds, an area rug for the little girls' room and lots of cleaning products. Then we had to put down the rug (lifting the furniture) install the blinds and clean everything. We had to pull everything out of the closets or where ever we'd stashed them so that they would be out of the way during construction. And then there's food. Well we didn't have any food in the house (that wasn't 6 weeks old). 

My children are excited about returning to their old familiar routines. School---dinner---homework----bath---1 hour of television---30 minutes of books---bed. I'm excited about the possibility of rested children who don't hit their friends at school. I'll blog about my parent conference with my 3 year old's teacher about the hitting and tantrums she has been doing since we began our "Ho and Tell" experience. I'll also share the plan we devised to get rid of her inappropriate behaviors.

I've never been so happy to do so much work. I am happy because I am home. I believe the 6 weeks we spent in tiny hotel rooms (smaller than our master bedroom) served to help us appreciate the home we have.  My husband and I had been praying for a way to buy a bigger home our answer came in a lesson that helped us appreciate the home we have.

Today was busy and exhausting...but it was a GOOD day.

Word from the wise:  Even when you think things are bad or uncomfortable they could always be worse. Appreciate the little things and look for the silver lining in all things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment